Drugs for IVF / ICSI
These are called gonadotrophins which are mainly of two types.
1. Urinary origins…derived from urine of menopausal women . they are called HMG . During ovarian stimulation for IUI /IVF / ICSI the wife receives these injections for 10-13 days . They are cheaper but less effective in stimulation compared to recombinant type. Batch to b batch variability.
2. Recombinant gonadotrphins ..these are prepared in artificially in laboratory . highest quality , no batch to batch variability cosistantly result oriented . But are twice as expensive than urinary gonadotrophins …Gonal F / Luveris / ovitrelle.
3. Menopur …this is highes purified urinary gonadotrophin available world over has a very consistant FSH /LH action and has great efficacy .
Gonal F & menopur are the world renouned drugs used all over the world by best of fertility consultamts. Of scientific reserch published in field of ivf icsi more than 60% of trials are conducted using gonal f or menopur.
At SUNAND IVF we encourage couples to use gonal f menopur due to high success associated with them.
The couple desiring budget economy cycles < 1.50 lacks we use HMG injections .
Please do discuss about drugs we use in detail with our consultants prior to selecting the packages.
Side effects FAQ..
1. Any long term risks of these injections …NO , few women may get 1 kg temporary weight gain due to water retention , but this disappears or if you are a regular walker you will not get it.
2. Injection site pain ? ….all are subcutaneous injections least painfull Gonal F is available in pen format while special syringes are available for menopur.
3. Will taking these injections affect my next baby …NO injections disappear from your body 5 days after discontinuation so no long term side effects.
4. Will I get cancer because I take these injections ? …NO studies are have ever proved that these injections lead to future cancer no worries.
5. Will this affect my baby ? NO way